Bachelor of Science in Education in Secondary Education: World Languages
Help high school students develop the ability to communicate competently in a foreign language. Earn the BSEd in Secondary Education: World Languages. Develop your own foreign-language proficiency; master effective instructional strategies; and teach students to read, write and speak with clarity and nuance in a foreign language.
广发娱乐首页Although your degree is awarded by the , this degree program requires you to complete major requirements for a language program in the . To develop foreign-language proficiency, you will complete introductory, intermediate and advanced coursework for your chosen foreign language. You will learn
- to write formally and informally,
- to read complex literary texts and narratives,
- to speak conversationally and
- the cultural context of the language, including its society, history and/or mythology.
To develop instructional competency, you will complete the requirements for the secondary education majors within the College of Education. You will learn
- how to create and use student- and teacher-produced materials;
- how to evaluate the effectiveness of whole language, cooperative learning, and pair and small group instructional strategies;
- how to complete multiple field assignments in classroom, after-school, nonprofit or other educational settings; and
- how different ages create different language learning challenges.
Your degree program culminates in a semester long high school teaching assignment supervised by Temple faculty and assisted by a cooperating teacher.