Public Health Law Research Graduate Certificate
The Public Health Law Research Graduate Certificate in Temple’s College of Public Health focuses on the emerging field of public health law research, the scientific study of the effects of laws and legal practices on health. This interprofessional certificate provides foundational training in public health law and related research methods with a specific focus on the evaluation of policies and laws.
广发娱乐首页The field of public health law research generates evidence that can inform policy initiatives in order to advance health and well-being. The certificate is offered in association with the —founded in 2009 at Temple—which has built a theoretical foundation for the field, developed innovative research methods for policy evaluation, and is working on translational research in order to use evidence in improving public health practice.
As a student in the public health law certificate program, you will learn to
- conceptualize and design a public health law study,
- develop techniques for collecting and coding laws,
- learn to conduct advanced statistical analysis on a legal dataset, and
- implement a full evaluation of a set of laws under the mentorship of a graduate faculty member during an independent research project.
The admissions process you'll follow depends on if you are applying as a matriculated or non-matriculated graduate student. Please be sure to carefully review the admissions information for this certificate program.
What sets apart our Public Health Law Research Certificate?
- A unique, interdisciplinary program: Temple’s is a pioneer in the field, and the certificate is the only one of its kind in the nation.
- Designed for working professionals nationwide: The certificate is designed for current graduate students both in and outside Temple University, as well as students with bachelor’s degrees who might be interested in pursuing related graduate programs in the College of Public Health, such as the PhD in Health Policy and Health Services Research or the MPH in Health Policy and Management.
- Nationally renowned faculty: Courses are taught by nationally recognized faculty in Temple’s College of Public Health and Beasley School of Law, who conduct innovative research on policies and laws concerning controlled substances, chronic disease, concussion and other health-related areas.
广发娱乐首页The 12-credit, four-course certificate program is available either as an independent program or as a supplement to your primary graduate degree at Temple University.
You can complete the certificate on a part-time basis through a combination of online and in-person classes, finishing in two years or less.