Performing Arts Undergraduate Certificate
Develop your individual artistic expression with the Performing Arts Undergraduate Certificate in Temple’s Boyer College of Music and Dance. This certificate program is designed to give you the opportunity to study an array of performing arts, including dance, film, poetry and voice.
广发娱乐首页Students pursuing the Performing Arts Undergraduate Certificate will
- develop and refine their musicianship;
- explore the various forms, styles and uses of movement, and develop their own unique approach;
- learn about practical concerns in the world of performing arts, including the economic, political and social challenges; and
- study, recite and perform the words of influential poets such as Robert Frost and Langston Hughes.
广发娱乐首页The 12-credit certificate program is ideal for students who are interested in perfecting their craft, whether in dance, media arts, music or theater performance. It is not available to Dance or Music majors. The program’s required courses are intended to be completed concurrently with baccalaureate coursework.
Classes & Curriculum
The Performing Arts certificate program requirements consist of core required courses and electives, as well as ensemble participation. There are no exit requirements for the certificate, but the program should be completed within six semesters. Certificate completion will be acknowledged on the official transcript at the time of the awarding of the bachelor's degree.
Required courses and electives available include
- Introduction to Film & Video Analysis,
- Media & Culture,
- Movement Improvisation, and
- Poetry as Performance.