Clinical Doctorate in Occupational Therapy
The Clinical Doctorate in Occupational Therapy (OTD) is open to currently licensed occupational therapists who have a master’s degree in occupational therapy.
If you have a bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy, you can enter into the OTD program through the program. If you are new to the field and want to become a registered occupational therapist, you should apply to our Master of Occupational Therapy program.
The online Clinical Doctorate in Occupational Therapy program at Temple’s College of Public Health is designed for occupational therapists who want to enhance their careers and advance to leadership positions in clinical and academic environments. The program’s flexibility allows practicing occupational therapists to balance coursework with personal and professional demands.
Students in this program develop advanced clinical expertise in interdisciplinary areas such as community practice, entrepreneurial innovation and higher education. You will be prepared to
- use, promote and advance client-centered and evidence-based practices;
- advance occupational therapy’s role in promoting a person’s participation in society, in consideration of societal needs, policies and trends;
- bring clinically relevant and fresh perspectives to situations you encounter; and
- enact individual action and social reform to foster productive and meaningful living.
广发娱乐首页Many OTD graduates use their degrees to move into leadership and higher education teaching positions. Other graduates advance in the field to become clinical educators, clinical specialists and program developers.
What sets apart our OTD program?
- Renowned faculty: You can tailor this program to your area of interest in traditional and emerging areas of therapy. Our faculty are recognized experts in adult rehabilitation, child and youth development, community-based practices, and inclusive institutional and legislative policies.
- State-of-the-art online learning technology: The online OTD program prioritizes faculty mentorship and extensive student collaboration. You will interact with faculty members and peers in live class sessions and a variety of web-based activities.
- A supportive academic environment: This program fosters a tight-knit community of students who come from a wide range of personal and clinical backgrounds, which enriches discussion and exposes you to diverse perspectives and experiences.
This program is offered entirely online with a combination of synchronous components (web conference-based, live class discussions; chat rooms and video meetings) and asynchronous components (discussion boards and other assignments that students complete in their own time).
You may complete the program in two years. This 31-credit program includes 22 credits of required coursework, nine elective credits in your area of clinical interest and 160 hours of clinical field study.
广发娱乐首页It also requires two to three on-site, annual meetings at Temple’s Center City campus in Philadelphia, where you will launch and conclude annual coursework and connect with faculty advisors and classmates.