Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology
The Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology广发娱乐首页 at Temple’s College of Public Health prepares students to enter a variety of jobs in the fitness and wellness, health promotion, and physical activity fields. You will learn about kinesiology through an interdisciplinary curriculum that teaches you best practices for promoting physical activity among diverse client populations, including people of various ages.
广发娱乐首页Kinesiology is the study of human movement. Sedentary lifestyles and a lack of physical activity are major public health issues for populations around the world. Graduates of the kinesiology program will be equipped to address public health challenges by helping people experience the benefits of physical activity and exercise, and live healthy and fulfilling lives.
The Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology provides multiple career options—there is a high demand for professionals in fields that integrate health, physical activity and well-being. This demand is expected to continue in the future, particularly because physical activity is one of the most important public health strategies for preventing and managing chronic diseases.
Our graduates work in many settings, including private companies, organizations and government public health agencies that promote fitness and wellness, as well as healthcare systems and rehabilitation centers. Potential jobs include
- health and fitness specialist,
- well-being coach,
- fitness/wellness manager,
- physical activity director and
- recreation center manager.
What sets apart our Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology?
- An innovative curriculum: The program includes a set of kinesiology core courses combined with a choice of courses from across the College of Public Health, which provides students with an interdisciplinary perspective.
- A flexible degree: Students can tailor the program curriculum by choosing elective courses that reflect their career interests.
- A renowned department: Temple’s Department of Kinesiology is recognized across the region for its top-tier education. Our faculty members are experts in their areas of focus, and use their professional connections throughout the Philadelphia area to help students obtain real-world experience and rewarding careers.
Students complete 120 credits in the Kinesiology program, including 41 credits of core courses, 21 credits of elective courses (specialized topics in kinesiology and public health), and 18 credits of free electives that give you the flexibility to meet your employment goals and pursue a minor if you choose.