Graduate Certificate in Health Outcomes and Measurement Science
The Graduate Certificate in Health Outcomes and Measurement Science 广发娱乐首页in Temple’s College of Public Health focuses on the identification, development and use of person-centered outcomes in clinical and research applications. This certificate is designed for graduate students and current professionals in clinical or research disciplines who want to integrate evidence-based health outcomes into their work. It will train you to choose appropriate outcomes, develop measures and apply them in order to improve your practice or advance your research.
广发娱乐首页Within the current health ecosystem, clinicians and researchers face a growing need to incorporate standardized measures of health using patient-centered and patient-reported outcomes—the self-reported status of a person’s physical and mental health and functioning. Measurements of these outcomes are becoming widespread in clinical practice in order to improve care and assess performance of healthcare systems.
As a student in this program, you will gain an understanding of
- clinical outcomes qualification processes and standards;
- how to apply and interpret health outcomes in clinical practice and research;
- qualitative methods for outcomes measure development;
- survey methodology and measurement;
- the use of statistical approaches to develop high-quality outcomes and tests; and
- traditional and modern measurement approaches to health outcomes, with a focus on person-centered and person-reported outcomes.
The admissions process you'll follow depends on if you are applying as a matriculated or non-matriculated graduate student. Please be sure to carefully review the admissions information for this certificate program.
What sets apart our Graduate Certificate in Health Outcomes and Measurement Science?
- A unique program for healthcare students and professionals: The certificate gives you the knowledge and skills to improve your clinical or research versatility and distinguish yourself in an increasingly competitive market. It is the only certificate of its kind in the Philadelphia region.
- Designed for professionals: The certificate is offered entirely online and can be taken for academic credit in several clinical professional programs.
- Renowned, interdisciplinary faculty: Courses are taught by nationally recognized faculty from a range of disciplines within the College of Public Health, including biostatistics, epidemiology, health services administration and policy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and social work.
The 12-credit, four-course certificate program is available either as an independent program or as a supplement to your primary degree at Temple University.
广发娱乐首页You can complete the certificate entirely online on a part-time basis and finish it in two years or less.