Health Informatics Graduate Certificate
The Health Informatics Graduate Certificate广发娱乐首页 in Temple’s College of Public Health is a 12-credit, online certificate that teaches students the practical skills they need to advance on their current career in healthcare or enter the rapidly expanding field of health informatics.
Health informatics is the application of information technology to healthcare professions with the aim of creating tools and procedures that facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of patients. This field includes the knowledge, skills and tools that enable information to be collected, managed, used and shared to support the delivery of healthcare and promote health.
Courses in the program are taught by industry leaders, who will train you to use widely deployed electronic health record systems. The certificate program expands your understanding of
- evaluation of health information technology;
- data standards and vocabularies;
- security and privacy requirements; and
- the impact of IT on healthcare business practices and strategy.
The admissions process you'll follow depends on if you are applying as a matriculated or non-matriculated graduate student. Please be sure to carefully review the admissions information for this certificate program.
What sets apart our Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics?
- Designed for working professionals: All required courses can be completed online. Students may take classes in groups to facilitate professional networking.
- Practical, real-world experience: Learn and practice critical skills in a hands-on environment using widely deployed electronic health record systems.
- A springboard to Temple’s Master of Science in Health Informatics program: You can qualify for admission to the MS in Health Informatics program by maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.25 in your graduate certificate courses. You will be able to transfer all credits from the certificate into our master’s program, satisfying four of its 10 course requirements. Depending on scheduling, you could complete your master’s degree in just one additional year.
广发娱乐首页The certificate program is available either as an independent program or as a supplement to your primary graduate degree in the College of Public Health.
You can complete the certificate entirely online on a part-time basis, finishing the 12 required credits in two years or less.