Early Childhood Education and Special Education MEd
Temple University’s Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and Special Education广发娱乐首页 puts you on the path to earning specialized credentials, plus a Pennsylvania Instructional I Certificate. By successfully completing the program, you’ll earn Temple’s recommendation to receive Instructional I teacher certification. You will also develop the expertise to earn Early Childhood (PreK through grade 4) and Special Education (PreK through grade 8) teacher certification.
In addition to core theory and techniques in reading/literacy, math, science and social studies instruction, you will learn how to educate students with special educational needs in a way that addresses their individual differences. The study of learning processes allows students to understand individual differences in intelligence, cognitive development and self-regulation, as well as their role in learning. Whether a child has autism, ADHD or another special educational need, you will acquire the expertise to help them overcome it by
- assessing the child’s educational needs,
- creating inclusive classroom settings and practices,
- developing appropriate instructional strategies, and
- managing the classroom through positive behavior support.
广发娱乐首页Your coursework will also help you
- gain a firm foundation in the theory of child and adolescent development,
- get a solid overview of the problems educational psychologists address, and
- master the techniques for teaching English to children who speak other languages.
广发娱乐首页This program prepares you to pass the to become certified as an early childhood education grades PreK through grade 4 teacher and as a special education PreK through grade 8 teacher. Certification is your license to teach in Pennsylvania.
You will also earn Temple’s recommendation to receive the Pennsylvania Instructional I Certificate. .