What sets the Fox DBA apart?
广发娱乐首页The Fox School of Business's collaborative, cohort-style environment provides ample opportunity to work directly with other students, as well as experienced faculty who
- are highly awarded and frequently published in their fields;
- serve on regional and national organizational boards and have consulted for large corporations; and
- represent an overall wealth of knowledge and experience in executive-level business administration.
The school’s personalized mentorship program is available to help navigate academic, research and professional processes, and Fox’s state-of-the-art research centers and institutes provide the support and resources needed to tackle some of the most complex questions facing the business world today.
The three-year, part-time executive DBA program is conveniently delivered through six on-site weekend residences per year (Friday through Sunday) for the first two years, with additional online components.
Classes are offered in-person at , Temple's convenient Center City location, affording students the benefits that come with an urban university, including public transportation, proximity to regionally based corporations, national conferences and ample opportunities to engage in professional events.
Finally, students leave the program well-prepared to advance as executives, consultants and researchers, possessing the valuable experience and confidence that comes with a Temple education.
Deciding Between the DBA and PhD
广发娱乐首页The Doctor of Business Administration differs from the Business Administration PhD program in several key ways.
- The DBA is an executive-level program designed for working professionals with extensive managerial experience—usually 10 to 15 years—as well as an MBA or equivalent master’s degree, who are looking to advance further in their career and respective fields. DBA students investigate applied research problems, and their work usually addresses issues within their current professional organization or field. The DBA can be completed in three years on a part-time basis, whereas the average PhD program takes five years to complete on a full-time basis.
- The PhD program is targeted toward those interested in pursuing research-focused careers in academia. Students in the PhD program focus on broad, theoretical issues and questions relating to business.