Master of Science in Biology
Gain broad preparation in major biological research topics through a variety of advanced seminars and coursework with the Master of Science in Biology in Temple's College of Science and Technology. Graduates with this degree are prepareed for a career in scientific research or teaching.
In this intensive program, graduate students will work closely with College of Science and Technology faculty members to develop a body of research. Faculty members specialize in areas including aquatic and terrestrial ecology, biochemistry, cell biology, and genetics, among others. Throughout your studies, you will be afforded the option to choose to focus on specializations and research areas including
- cellular and molecular neuroscience;
- , focusing on computational evolutionary genomics;
- , an interdisciplinary field that examines contemporary human disease within the larger context of evolutionary history;
- , an interdisciplinary field that examines the impact of genetic and environmental factors on modern human disease;
- ; and
- , a subfield of genetics and evolutionary biology which examines genetic change over time within and between populations.
You may also take advantage of interdisciplinary options for coursework and research with other Temple University departments, including Biochemistry, Computer Science, Engineering and Physics. Faculty from the Biology Department participate in special interdisciplinary programs, including the and the .